Slowcat is utility for 'human reading' text prining.
for test just print
Slowcat put pause between words, make long pause at coma, semicolon, dot, make a delay when warps text.
Works under any OS (Windows, unix, FreeBSD, Linux)
How to use:
1) Just print
2) You can set a speed by two way:
slowcat filename [--speed] [-sA,B,C,D,E,F]
a) Use presets (speed)
- --xxslow (examine every character :)
- --xslow (Very slow)
- --slow (Just slow)
- --normal (by default)
- --xfast (catch'em all! :)
- --xxfast (ye... you are nut.)
- --raw (for vertical reading...???)
b) by setting your out values (all values in ms):
- A - pause between letters (default 6)
- B - pause between words (default 80)
- C - pause at coma, semiclon, hypen (160)
- D - pause at dot, qustion-mark, exlamation mark (250)
- E - pause, at new paragraph (\n), (500)
- F - pause, when line warps (not a \n) (350)
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
© George Shuklin, 2004